The Cork Cycling Campaign participates in numerous initiatives to support cyclists and to promote cycling in Cork.
Current projects and campaigns
- Extending Cork's public Bike Sharing Scheme
- Lee to Sea Greenway
- We support the #Allocate4Cycling campaign
- Stayin’ Alive at 1.5 - Minimum passing distance legislation
- Light up your Bike! - We hand out free bike lights during the dark months.
Keep an eye out on our Twitter for locations and times.
Past projects and campaigns include
- Campus Cycle Week (24-28 September 2018): Promoting and celebrating cycling at Cork's higher educational institutions
- Heritage Cycle: WW1 in Cork (14 June 2018): Visit sites in Cork with World War 1 connections, and follow it up with nibbles at the Electric!
- ABC Bike Train (11-15 June 2018): Join people cycling together from Ballincollig to Cork in the morning commuting hour.
- Take on Pat! (15 June 2018): Cork's Lord Mayor leads the charge up St Patrick's Hill to show that e-bikes can transform cycling in our hilly city. See our report and images of the event here.
- Campus Cycling Week (12 to 16 March 2018)
- Cycling etiquette (discussion document) 2018
- Feedback from Cork's Cyclists 2018